Keynes and Bown discuss forces working to slow the pace of globalization. Patrick Foulis (The Economist) joins from Davos, Robert Johnson from the University of Notre Dame and finally Susan Lund of the McKinsey Global Institute from Washington, DC. They describe recent trends, their causes and reasons to be worried. Then Chad talks about his research on tariffs.
- Patrick Foulis. 2019. Globalisation has faltered: It is now being reshaped. The Economist 24 January.
- Robert C. Johnson and Guillermo Noguera. 2017. A Portrait of Trade in Value Added over Four Decades. The Review of Economics and Statistics.
- Robert C. Johnson and Guillermo Noguera. 2012. How much value-added is traded? VoxEU.org, 22 July.
- Susan Lund, James Manyika, Jonathan Woetzel, Jacques Bughin, Mekala Krishnan, Jeongmin Seong, and Mac Muir. 2019. Globalization in transition: The future of trade and value chains. McKinsey Global Institute Report, January.
- Chad P. Bown. 2018. Protectionism Was Threatening Global Supply Chains before Trump. VoxEU.org, 8 November.
- Chad P. Bown. 2018. Trade Policy Toward Supply Chains After the Great Recession. IMF Economic Review.